Tefal Gv9461 Protect Autoclean
Incredibly powerful with 120g steam output, 260g boost, 6 bars of pressure
Great features but missing lacking in areas where other irons excel
Expensive in relation to other reviewed products reviewed
Rated at 4.7 stars overall
The Tefal Gv9461 is an iron on steroids. If you're looking for the most powerful iron money can buy, you're looking at it, with 260g steam boost and 6 bars of pressure matched by very few on the market. It is a feature rich iron which is rated as one of the best irons selling on Amazon at the moment.
Vertical Steam Setting
Water Tank Capacity
Heat up time
Auto cable rewind
6kg iron + base
42 x 24.5 x 34 cm
Main Selling Points
- Pressure and amount of steam that is produced is almost completely unrivalled by any other iron, with 6 bars of pressure and a 260g steam boost.
- With this machine, it has plenty of built in protection, like a handle that covers the entire top of the machine. So if you are a parent you do not have to be concerned about your kids burning themselves with the iron, or the iron being damaged.
- The storage tank for the water that will be used to produce the steam is quite large. While you may not think about this as being a positive, you need to realize it is going to stop you from having to go back and forth to the sink to refill all the time. Not only will this allow you to have quite a bit of water with you all the time, it will speed up the ironing process for you.
- Long-lasting performance with Tefal’s anti-scale collector and Autoclean Soleplate (described by the manufacturer as the best soleplate in the world)
- Has an eco setting which will save 20% of energy
- equipped with a variable steam dial which allows you to regulate the amount of steam you use while ironing. This function, in conjunction with the soleplate temperature settings, allows you to obtain the perfect ironing settings for all of your garments.
- Reportedly cuts your ironing time in half in comparison to other irons on the market.
- The cord rewind appears to be weak and needs to have some help in getting it going to rewind the cord.
- Anti-calc technology is supposed to take and remove any of the hard water deposits. However, several reports have surfaced that this system is not working as well as people would expect it to work. In fact, some people have reported in their reviews of the product that they had to be very careful because they were getting the brown spots coming out of the ironing head at times. However, these reports were not that common and this could really depend, like hot water heaters, on how hard your water really is.
- No indicator light to say when the iron is hot enough to start using